Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Happy Birthday to Me




It's a long story, but let me just start by saying that today is the last day of my thirties and tomorrow, I will turn 40 and fly with my family to Mexico. And by my family I mean my husband and our two kids, the same ones who have been vomiting uncontrollably all day. I also mean my mom, my dad, my brother, one ex-step-mother, a former half-sister (it's a long story), and 8 friends.

We will be converging on Yelapa like a huge pile of buoyant, white flesh. We will eat so much fish and drink so much beer. We will have so much fun.

But we will not be blogging.
Because we will be remote. And having said fun.
But I will come back in 10 days and then I will tell you all about how my spray-tan worked out. And together we will revisit this list to see how it went. We will discuss my appearance on Friday at Literary Death Match (preview: it was fun. KFOG liked me).
In the meantime, enjoy the Olympics. Wish us well. Be nice.

2 comments:

Simply Mel {Reverie} said...

Cheers to turning 40 while drinking cerveza with limes and pulling your thong out of your sandy butt!

Petunia Face said...

Happy birthday! (I hear 40 is the new do-whatever-the-hell-you-want-because-you-can.)

Sounds like a fantastic trip--can't wait to see pics!
Buen Viaje...

Blog Widget by LinkWithin