photo from here
1. The birds found the bird feeder. Finally.
2. We took the kids to their first Giant's game.
3. The Mister caught a foul ball.
4. I discovered (and devoured) Breaking Bad
5. I had this conversation about marriage and child rearing with Oliver:
Me: Do you want to get married?
Oliver: Oh, yeah.
Me: And what do you think marriage is?
Oliver; It's just like you get to be with your friend forever.
Me: And do you think you want to have kids?
Oliver: I think I will be a really good dad. My dad is the best dad.
Oliver: Actually, maybe I won't have kids.
Me: Why not?
Oliver: Well, taking care of kids is really hard work.
6. Maggie proposed to me (three times). I said yes. Then she reminded me that I'm already married.
7. My kids discovered photography.
8. My dad and I found two perfectly good nandinas on the street, took them home and planted them in my garden.
9. The Invisible Bridge by Julie Orringer finally came out. I read it in galley months ago and I've been waiting to gush and now I can. It's tremendous. It's important. It's amazing. Read it. You won't be sorry.
10. We went out for pie. In the middle of the day. For no reason.
11. I signed up for a recording and interviewing workshop with these amazing ladies.
12. I bought tickets for this.