Thursday, March 26, 2009

Anatomy of a good day

Today's a good day so I thought I'd maybe spend a little time boasting.  It's not often I'm feeling so Julie Andrews about things.  Soon it will be all whining and complaining again. So enjoy.

I don't mean to rub it in, but this is where I work and this is what I look out on from my office.  Do you see the fountain splashing lightly in the sunshine as my co-workers (that's Sara the wine editor on the left) sip some good Western wine? It's not always like this.  Sometimes its all about the printer not working or people hating your headlines or publicists calling you about faux-rock siding.  But all this is worth it because it's not that unusual to get emails that say things like, "Champagne and oysters in the test kitchen, get 'em while they last."

Also, this is on my drive home and only four blocks from my house.  That's Point Reyes in the distance. Again, it has its drawbacks, like dense, cold fog all summer long.  But, boy is it nice in spring.

I am perfectly aware that it's going too far to brag about my daughter, so I won't.  I'll just say that last night when my back hurt she took it upon her self to "pat" it until I felt better. So, you know, I like her.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin