Tuesday, August 4, 2009

It's possible I've found Michael Jackson's replacement


This weekend (between chicken killing and book club) I introduced the kids to family movie night.

Our first selection? Chitty Chitty Bang Bang  (well, half of it.).  Ollie and Maggie were rapt, basically completely silent and unblinking the entire time.  Except for Dick Van Dyke’s vaguely Tyrolean song and dance number, “Me Ole Bamboo,” during which Oliver, still without removing his eyes from the screen, said, “I want to do that.  I want to be like them.” It sounded like some sort of prophesy, such was his intensity.

Between the dance classes and the voice coach, it looks like I’m in for a long haul as a stage mother. And sewing all those spangles on his leotards is going to be a real bitch.

 

But you have to admit, it’s pretty irresistible.

1 comment:

E said...

Haha! That's so good of you to let them watch such a classic :)

If he's anything like my cousin Jacob (and it looks like he is) then I know he's gone around doing his best impressions of this fine dance. Best of luck with that.

E

Blog Widget by LinkWithin