Ten things that didn't happen this year:
1. My anthology proposal failed to "inspire the proper enthusiasm" with my new agent.
3. I did not win the Narrative Magazine First-Person contest.
4. I did not get tickets to Obama's inauguration.
6. I did not plant a veggie garden.
7. I did not finish papering my hallway doors.
8. I did not discover my god-given talent for performance story telling.
10. I did not always remember my pledge to reach out with kindness to everyone I know.
But stay tuned, because tomorrow's list is Ten Things That Did Happen This Year.
Plus, there's still time: 22 days to be exact. That's 31,680 minutes of potential.